This month saw the latest iteration of Microsoft SharePoint server being released in the marketplace, welcome Microsoft SharePoint 2019!
SharePoint 2019, brings a lot of the functionality already available in SharePoint Online into the on-premises and hybrid world.
As Microsoft developed SharePoint Server 2019, they paid close attention to trends in team collaboration, user experiences across devices, and how the cloud can be blended into existing on-premises scenarios in new and compelling ways. SharePoint Server 2019 represents a whole new generation of SharePoint, one born in the cloud, and representative of the ease of use Microsoft delivered in SharePoint Online.
So what is new in SharePoint 2019?
- New user experiences
- Modern Sites
- The modern experience is designed to be compelling, flexible, mobile, and easier to use
- Modern Pages
- Create and publish modern pages quickly and easily, and they look great on any device
- Modern Lists
- Simplifies how people create, curate, and interact with information
- Modern Libraries
- A better experience for document libraries that’s faster, more intuitive and responsive
- Communications Sites
- A new generation of the mobile and intelligent intranet
- OneDrive for Business
- Makes file storage and document collaboration more people-centric
- SharePoint Mobile
- Large File Support, Character Restrictions, and File/Folder Names
Read the full SharePoint 2019 announcement here.
So what do I need to run SharePoint 2019?
SharePoint 2019 is built on SharePoint 2016, with very similar requirements for the underlying server platforms and software required.
Read the full SharePoint 2019 system requirements here.
- Posted by Ian Loman
- On 1st November 2018
- 0 Comments