Introduction to Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is the engaging hub for teamwork that brings together collaboration and communications capabilities using the full breadth and depth of Office 365. With video and conference calling, you have the opportunity to collaborate, meet, and share in a more open, fluid, and modern workspace.
We are the leading Microsoft Teams experts in the UK
Looking for some additional information and support to help you decided if Microsoft Teams is right for you and your organisation? Our FREE Microsoft Teams PDF allows you to share valuable information with your team- easily.
Communication through threaded and persistent chat with additional features:
- Rich text capable adds multimedia capabilities to your messaging
- Chat, call and meet people using multiple devices
- Easy @mention feature ensures recipient sees your message
- Keep interactions engaging with memes and animated Gifs
- File sharing in chat that is easy to access and locate with a ‘Search’ feature
Streamline collaboration and improve teamwork:
Supports both private and channel meetings in more productive, real-time meetings with:
- High definition audio, web and video conferencing
- Presentation and application sharing
- Cloud recording of meetings with transcription and translation
- Share content and use intelligent features
Connect with anyone through phone system:
- Have a dedicated phone number for domestic and international calls
- Advanced features including voicemail, transfer, and emergency calling
- Advanced call management including, call routing, auto attendant, and reporting
- Hybrid voice using Direct Routing
- Business Voice available for up to 300 users which is built into M365
Lower costs and increase productivity in the cloud with Microsoft Teams
Adepteq Top Tips for effective remote work whilst staying connected
Set up your workspace
Find a space in your home where you can concentrate. Personalise your settings with a picture of your own in Microsoft Teams to keep teammates focused.
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Your rhythm with online work from home might look different than it does in the office. For example, you may be balancing work and childcare at the same time.
Maintain healthy boundaries
Without the normal workday signals, like a commute, it can be harder to unplug. Make sure to take breaks, stay hydrated, and give yourself opportunities to “clock out” from remote work at the end of the day.
Embrace online meetings
Make sure all meetings include an online “join” option so that team members can join from wherever they are working.
Be mindful and inclusive
A crowded conference call can make it difficult for people to share their opinions. Pause frequently to allow time for questions and remind attendees that they can use the chat window to share their thoughts.
Record your meetings
When you start a meeting, hit “record”. Team members who aren’t able to join can watch later or search the automatically generated transcript for important information.
Make up for missing hallway talk
The quick chat at the water cooler is what many people miss the most when working remotely. Instead, be deliberate about and connecting with your coworkers.
Bring the team together
Working remotely can feel a bit isolating. It’s important to create opportunities for the whole team to virtually get together.
Use Teams to encourage fun activities and challenges to maintain morale.
If you are considering migrating your files to Teams, we can assist you in planning and undertaking the migration from shared drives to the Files tab in your Teams using the same processes and tools that we do for a SharePoint migration.