Introduction to Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork in Office 365 that brings together people, conversations and content – along with the tools that teams need – giving you the complete collaboration and communication solution.
Microsoft Teams is the hub for teamwork that brings together all the collaboration and communications capabilities using the full breadth and depth of Office 365. You have the opportunity to collaborate, meet, and share in a more open, fluid, and modern workspace.
We are the leading Microsoft Teams experts in the UK
Improve productivity and quality of life with Teams
Communication through threaded and persistent chat with additional features:
- Rich text capable
- Chat, call and meet across devices, including mobile
- @mention someone to ensure they see your mention
- Keep interactions engaging with memes and animated Gifs
- File sharing in chat
Streamline collaboration and improve teamwork:
- Search for content, files, and people
- Track project chat, notes, files and meetings in one place
- Office 365 apps are built in Teams for easy access to SharePoint, OneNote, Power BI, Planner and more
- Communicate directly by @mentioning and tagging team members
- Co-author in real time using connected Office and other apps
Supports both private and channel meetings in more productive, real-time meetings with:
- High definition audio, web and video conferencing
- Presentation and application sharing
- Cloud recording of meetings with transcription and translation
- Share content and use intelligent features like background blue and scheduling assistance from mobile
Connect with anyone through phone system:
- Have a dedicated phone number for domestic and international calls
- Advanced features including voicemail, transfer, and emergency calling (e9111)
- Advanced call management including, call routing, auto attendant, and reporting
- Hybrid voice using Direct Routing
- Business Voice available for up to 300 users
Lower costs in the cloud with Teams
Tips for effective remote work
Set up your workspace
Find a space in your home where you can concentrate. If you’re somewhere with background distractions, use background blur in Microsoft Teams to keep teammates focused.
Communicate, communicate, communicate
Your rhythm with online work from home might look different that it does in the office. For example, you may be balancing work and childcare at the same time. Communicate your schedule to your coworkers so that they know when to reach out to you.
Maintain healthy boundaires
Without the normal workday signals, like a commute, it can be harder to unplug. Make sure to take breaks, stay hydrated, and give yourself opportunities to “clock out” from remote work at the end of the day.
Embrace online meetings
Make sure all meetings include an online “join” option so that team members can join from wherever they are working. Turn video on so your team can interact face to face and feel more connected.
Be mindful and inclusive
A crowded conference call can make it difficult for people to share their opinions. Pause frequently to allow time for questions and remind attendees that they can use the chat window to share their thoughts.
Record your meetings
When you start a meeting, hit “record”. Team members who aren’t able to join can watch later or search the automatically generated transcript for important information. That way, people can easily review anything they missed or need repeated.
Make up for missing hallway talk
The quick chat at the water cooler is what many people miss the most when working remotely. Instead, be deliberate about and connecting with your coworkers. Think about chat messages as your virtual water cooler and set yourself a reminder to check in with people regularly.
Bring the team together
Working remotely can feel a bit isolating. It’s important to create opportunities for the whole team to virtually get together, whether it’s large brainstorms with the Microsoft Whiteboard app or daily check-ins over a virtual coffee.
Use Teams to encourage fun activities and challenges to maintain morale. Holding a photo contest or praising employees for creative ideas are great ways to help the team stay positive and engaged.
Adepteq use Teams ourselves and we love it.
Have you ever wondered whether or not your Microsoft 365 data is secure and protected? Many users sadly become victims to cyber attacks due to not knowing that Microsoft aren’t actually protecting their valuable data. Adepteq SaaS Protection makes it easier and more cost effective than ever to safeguard all of your Microsoft 365
In this atypical year, many of us have discovered a new sense of appreciation for our computers as critical tools to get work done. Now more than ever, we are looking for new ways to be productive on our laptops and desktops. Microsoft 365 delivers great experiences that help users work easier and faster on
In the months since remote work became the new normal for many of us, we’ve all had our fair share of “virtual everything”, from customer meetings to online events and virtual team gatherings. Businesses of all sizes are using Microsoft Teams to stay connected, whether as part of their Microsoft 365 plan, or the free version