A new vision for Microsoft Stream encourages users to create, share, discover, and manage video.
With video that will be stored in Microsoft 365, the new version of Stream builds on the rich content management features of SharePoint and unlocks the intelligence of Microsoft Graph to enhance videos across Microsoft 365. The earlier version of Stream will now be known as Microsoft Stream (Classic) and the new version will be known as Microsoft Stream (built on SharePoint) or Stream (on SharePoint).
Microsoft Stream is an intelligent video app in Microsoft 365 that is being reimagined and rebuilt to integrate seamlessly with applications across the suite. You can create, share, discover, and manage video as easily as any Office document.
Video and audio files will be stored on the SharePoint files platform within Microsoft 365 like all other file types. SharePoint powers file experiences for Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, Yammer, and Outlook. This will provide the best of both worlds:
- Intelligent video experiences powered by Stream across the suite
- Management of video that leverages the power of SharePoint content services for permissions, sharing, compliance, governance, and customisable portal experiences.
Customers who want to create future-proof video experiences in Microsoft 365 can start building them today with SharePoint Online and Microsoft Graph File APIs.
Stream (on SharePoint) empowers every Microsoft 365 user to achieve more with fast, intelligent videos.
To achieve that vision:
- Stream (on SharePoint) expands its role to unlock the intelligence of Microsoft Graph and enhance videos across Microsoft 365 services.
- The Stream web app follows the model of the Office web apps to easily work with video like any other document format.
- Videos can be uploaded and accessed from Teams, Yammer, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
- Stream leverages the power of SharePoint content services to store and manage video. Using integrated Microsoft 365 compliance, governance, permissions, external sharing, go local storage, bring your own keys, and government environments.
- Stream is flexible to allow customers to use a provided video portal template to easily modify and brand their own video portals or fully customise and integrate video experiences with their intranet and Microsoft 365.
- Delivers new intelligent capabilities including, faster and more effective consumption of video content, quick location and extraction of relevant snippets of video, and easy end-user tools to capture screens and record video in Stream and across all Microsoft 365 apps.
To read the full article, click here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us,